Thursday, October 4, 2007

Oktoberfest (4)!

Well, we all survived with flying colors! Hell, I was up before 9am drinking coffee and reading the paper in the lobby! My final beer count was either 7 or 8 liters (verified that with several sources). Eric, Jeff, and I set the pace early (and late) - in fact, I was consistantly taking the [lead :)] (also independently verified). :) All in all it was an incredibly fun, zangy night! We've got a couple new German friends and a lot of sore throats from all the drinking, singing, and snorting we did...oh yeah, did I mention we were introduced to a white powdered substance referred to as snuff? It's sold by the equivalent of peanut vendors cruising through the tent floor. It's a mixture of menthol powder and sugar and you inhale it. We have a bunch of pictures documenting the event and we all look like very bad cocaine addicts - me especially, as I took the majority of it on my cheeks. :) Sadly, this is the end of a long, fun trip. I'll do a formal farewell to Europe when I return tomorrow, but I will say a few things now. First, thanks to Dave, Erik, Jeff, Kerry, John, Shaun, and, of course, Rob. I had a great time with all of you - I hope we get to do something like this together again. And I know, I owe all of you some unknown lump of money (my atm card expired Oct. 1) - please send me the bills. :) Thanks again all, next time we "talk", I'll be on US soil (let's hope)! Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

3 comments:

Unknown said...

"consistently taking the pole"? "zany night?" I do not want to see pictures.

Kipp said...

Doh! I see what you mean... After a month in Italy, we saw a lot of F1 Racing...so, by "taking the pole" I just meant finishing first in the qualifying beer rounds.

...I swear...

My limp the next day came from an alcohol induced jamming of the toe...I'm sure...right? Oh crap...

Unknown said...

I totally did snuff when I was there too! Ah, memories.