Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Tech Check and Tracking Info

Well, we're just a few days away from the big sabbatical trip and it's time to ensure all my tech is working. This entry is being written on my new Blackberry. If things work correctly we should also get a nice pic of the new toy with this post as well! In addition to the blog test, I'll also be testing the GPS functionality. And good news...you get to have some fun too! You can check in on me and get my current location by going to http://bb.tech9computers.com/login/ and using the following account info: Username: trackrobandkipp Password: track Once in you can "Track Friends!" And follow the next couple links to get my latest location. It's not the most straightforward way to go I know, but it's free and it works worldwide. :) That's all for this experiment. Please be sure to leave some comments about how things work and what else you'd like to see! Cheers! -KO Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

6 comments:

Rob said...

Nice. My first post: pure text; just 3 sentences. Your first post: written from your Blackberry; including a picture; links and instructions to track us with your GPS. Damn, I feel like I've never been around a computer before. :)

Unknown said...

Wow! How accurate is the Blackberry tracker? It looks like as I type this you are heading through Folsom! Very cool!

Unknown said...

Very cool...now stop rubbing all your fun in our faces!

Kipp said...

So far, it looks like things have worked great! The only issue so far looks to have been when the phone turned off while I was at the Outlets. I think I may have turned it off on accident while trying on some clothes... We'll see if that keeps occuring -- I'll keep the GPS active for the rest of the day.

Cody said...

Hey, does your berry take pictures? I think you can set it up to post to your blog or Flickr automatically. I don't know how to do it, but Pallister does it. Very cool/easy way to share pictures in real time.

Kipp said...

No pictures with the Blackberry - they took it out at the request of employers... :(